Attorney with over 25 years of experience representing businesses and individuals in matters in front of the Internal Revenue Service and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services. Practice also includes the buying and selling of businesses, entity formation, the drafting of limited liability company operating agreements, and contract review and negotiation. Has the necessary skill set to serve as a client’s outside general counsel.
Contact Lawrence J. Marks
- Negotiated closing documents and effectuated the sale of steel business for $125,000,000.
- Settled State of Connecticut Residency Audit which resulted in significant tax savings.
- Negotiated a Offer in Compromise with the Internal Revenue Service involving trust fund penalties that resulted in significant tax savings.
- Represented real estate developer in the sale of ownership interests in multiple properties.
- Represented Seller in the sale of a 191-unit low income housing project.
- Represented owner in the refinancing a low income housing project.
- Represented owner in multi-million dollar refinancing of an aircraft.
- Represented owner of shopping center in the purchase of debt from the lender at a significant discount.
- Represented Church in obtaining 501(c)(3) designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Negotiated and closed several loan modifications and restructuring transactions which allowed clients to continue their business operations.
- Represented several local housing authorities in connection with the development of low-income housing projects.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1990; LL.M., 1991)
- Trinity College (B.A., with high honors in History, 1987)
- Admitted to the Bar for the State of Connecticut, 1990 – Present
- Youth baseball coach, 2004 – present
- Youth basketball coach, 2008 – present